The Mt. Tamalpais Interpretive Association is a volunteer organization whose purpose is to promote the conservation, education and interpretation of California State Parks, primarily at Mount Tamalpais State Park.
We do this in a variety of ways, including:
- Volunteering at the Visitor Center on East Peak, contact the Volunteer Coordinator
- Sponsoring interpretive hikes for the public
- Sale or free distribution of interpretive and educational materials
- Aiding in conserving and interpreting areas of the State Park System
- Fundraising to support these activities
Most of all, we are a group of individuals whose interest, ages and backgrounds vary greatly but are linked together by a love of Mt. Tamalpais State Park.